- CoolVest is based on a special material containing Phase Change Materials (PCM’s)
- The vest can be worn either next to the skin or over a thin T-Shirt style garment
- With detachable hood, fitted using Velcro fasteners
- Colour: white
- When wearing chemical protection suits or when working in other hot environments, the user’s body temperature and humidity will fluctuate, resulting in discomfort.
- The Adaptive Comfort technology buffers these temperature swings and helps the user adapt to the surrounding activity and stay more comfortable.
- The material absorbs excessive body heat when the user creates too much and releases it when the user needs it most.
- The CoolVest will feel cold against the user’s skin to prevent overheating and maximises comfort in hot working conditions.
- When cold outside the PCM technology will trap heat and release it, preventing chilling and shivering.
- Developed by NASA, the ADAPTIVE COMFORT technology was originally designed to help astronauts cope with large temperature fluctuations in space.
- When wearing chemical protective suits or when working in other hot environments
- Washable at 60 °C
- Not suitable for tumble dryer
- Not suitable for ironing
- Industrial laundry not recommended
- It is expected that after 10 – 20 washes the Cool Vest will begin to lose its ability to repel heat
- The CoolVest is free of chlorine and can be incinerated. Disposal method depends on types and quantities of contaminants absorbed during use.